My crumble may not cause a dependency, but if you feed it to your would-be enemies it's sure to confuse and disorient them.
Jackson's apple crumbleFilling
- 800 gram tin bakers apple or 4 or 5 big apples
- a sprinkle of sugar if the apples are tart
- 80 grams butter
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour (I use half white half wholemeal, but whatever)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Melt the butter.
- In a large bowl, mix all the other topping ingredients, then mix in the melted butter.
- If you're using fresh apples, peel, core and slice them.
- Spread the apples into a medium-sized baking dish or pie dish, eg 20cm square or 23cm round.
- If the apples are tart you might want to sprinkle them with sugar.
- Spread the topping over the apples and press it down a bit.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown on top and smelling YUMMY.
Rough measurements are OK.
- Use other fruits. Apple and rhubarb is good but add some sugar!
- Put a few cloves in with the apples.